Join us to celebrate the 40th year of this triathlon!
Nothing is going to prevent the 40th year of this triathlon!
In keeping with the Governor’s phases, etc., this year the triathlon will be a Social Distancing Race.
Participants will have from August 1-31st to complete the course on their own and then they will need to submit their times on RaceWire by September 2nd.
Updated maps are available to download below. If you make a mistake, you can run the race again. This is based on an honor system.
Remember we are having this event to raise money for a local charity and to keep the streak alive. With people being impacted by the pandemic and the race being altered there is a new registration fee.
The Megunticook Race Festival builds on the history of the original Tinman and Maine Sport Triathlon, one of the longest-standing races in the U.S. 2020 marks the 40th year of the Triathlon. Repeatedly, participants have called it one of their favorite races and we do not want to let them down. Especially Parker Johnson, who has raced in all 39 previous years – we will not let him lose his streak.
The Megunticook Race Festival is organized by a group of dedicated and passionate local volunteers and supported through local business sponsorship.
All profits this year are going to One Community Many Voices.
LOCATION: Barrett’s Cove, Public Beach 104, Beaucaire Ave., Camden, Maine
Olympic – Individual or Relay Teams
- 1500-meter swim (Barrett’s Cove, Megunticook Lake – more details to come soon!)
- 23.5-mile bike Click here for map.
- 6.6-mile run Click here for map.
Sprint – Individual only
- 750-meter swim (Barrett’s Cove, Megunticook Lake – more details to come soon!)
- 12-mile bike Click here for map.
- 3.2-mile run (maybe a little over) Click here for map.
Note: All distances are approximate, based on Map My Run. The course has NOT been officially measured.
Each person/team will receive a finishing award.
Shirts are on sale for $15 and can be purchased when you register.
OTHER RACE DAY INFO:
1. PLEASE REVIEW THE COURSE BEFORE THE RACE!!!!! DRIVE THE COURSE!!!!! Some people got lost last year. It’s your responsibility to know the course. All intersections are marked with at least one sign, but you should still review the course before the race. We HIGHLY recommend you drive the course ahead of time.
2. Wetsuits are NOT REQUIRED. The water is above 70 degrees. Some athletes will choose to wear wetsuits – that is fine. But you don’t have to.
3. Since we won’t be able to have water stations this year please make sure you bring plenty of water and carry your own water bottle while racing!
4. Have fun and BE PROUD! You’re racing in one of the longest standing triathlons in the world!!!!!! Congrats!!!
NO PARKING areas include:
Lake side of Beaucaire Ave & Beaucaire between Route 52 and transition
Lake side of Route 52
Barrett’s Cove parking lot – that is the transition area
Megunticook Lake Boat Ramp parking lot – this is reserved for vehicles with boat trailers, please respect that!
Recommend Parking Areas:
Trail head parking lot for Maiden’s Cliff
Even better, PLEASE CONSIDER CARPOOLING WITH FRIENDS, biking over, or parking at a friend’s house that is nearby! Park at the Camden Snow Bowl and ride your bike over to the race venue as a warm up!
Register by clicking here.
Like our Facebook page for ongoing updates!