Big Impact in a Small Amount of Time
GOAL – $15,000 to Knox County area nonprofits
2021 Meetings – able to zoom
DATES: March 9th, June 8th, Sept 14th and Dec 14th
LOCATION: Camden Lions Club, Lions Lane, Camden (next to bus garage)
Basic Meeting Agenda/Schedule:
*5:15-5:45 p.m. – Registration and networking (no appetizers and drinks due to COVID- please bring your own)
*5:45-6:30 p.m. – Meeting: Welcome, Presentations, Voting and Charity Selection (while votes are being counted, the recipient charity from the previous meeting gives an update).
We’re an informal group of busy women who love Knox County, Waldoboro and Lincolnville. Our group supports the work that local non-profits do by raising funds, exposure and awareness. Inspired by more than 100+ Women Who Care chapters around the United States and Canada, we’ve created a local philanthropic group of women from all walks of life, teaming together to have fun while giving back.
How It Works
- Members show up with a blank check in hand to give.
- Any member can nominate a pre-approved nonprofit to speak about.
- 3 members’ names are randomly drawn at the beginning of each meeting, and these women speak the nonprofits they support.
- Each of these 3 women has five minutes to talk from the heart (no PowerPoints or handouts, etc.!), and a brief Q&A session follows.
- Members then vote via secret ballot on which nonprofit to support.
- The nonprofit with the most votes receives all checks on the spot.
- Checks are collected by the Steering Committee and given to the selected charity within two weeks.
- The selected charity is invited to the next meeting to talk about the impact 100+ Women Who Care donations have made.
To review nonprofit eligibility or to submit a nomination form, click here.
It’s fast, simple – and effective!
Becoming a member means you’re making a commitment to 100+ Women Who Care – Knox County to make an annual donation of $200 ($50 per quarter) to local 501(c) (3) charities serving Knox County and the communities of Waldoboro and Lincolnville.
You can choose to be an individual member or pooled member. An individual member contributes $50 per meeting on her own and has one vote. A pooled member is two people collectively contributing $50 per meeting. The pair has one vote only.
Please understand that even if you did not vote for the selected charity, you still need to fulfill your donation commitment. If you’re not able to attend a meeting, you’ll either give your check to another member to deliver to the meeting on your behalf, or mail your check. Simply fill out the form below to become a member.
Click here for a pdf of the basic concept guidelines.
Please feel free to attend any meeting as a guest. If you’d like to donate to the selected charity while there, you’re welcome to do so. However, you must be a member to vote. Individuals must have a completed Membership and Commitment Form on file before nominating a charity.