Big Impact in a Small Amount of Time
Each woman in this group contributes $50 four times a year, through either individual or pooled membership, to help fund nonprofits that work in Knox County and the communities of Waldoboro and Lincolnville.
2020 GOAL – $20,000 to Knox County area nonprofits
We’re an informal group of busy women who love Knox County, Waldoboro and Lincolnville. Our group supports the work that local non-profits do by raising funds, exposure and awareness. Inspired by more than 100+ Women Who Care chapters around the United States and Canada, we’ve created a local philanthropic group of women from all walks of life, teaming together to have fun while giving back.
How It Works
* Four (4) times a year, members show up with a blank check in hand to give.
* At each meeting, any member can nominate a pre-approved nonprofit to speak about.
* Three members’ names are randomly drawn at the beginning of each meeting, and these women speak the nonprofits they support.
* Each woman has five minutes to talk from the heart (no PowerPoints or handouts, etc.!), and a brief Q&A session follows.
* Members then vote via secret ballot on which nonprofit to support. Each ‘member’ – whether registered as a single person or two-person pooled pair – receives one vote. Those in a pool decide together and submit one ballot. There is no proxy voting.
* The nonprofit with the most votes receives all checks on the spot.
* Checks are collected by the Steering Committee and given to the selected charity within two weeks. The member who nominated the recipient charity will be asked to participate in the BIG GIVE. (More on this later.)
* The selected charity is invited to the next meeting to talk about the impact 100+ Women Who Care donations have made.
Nonprofit Eligibility and Nomination Form
To review nonprofit eligibility or to submit a nomination form, click here.
It’s fast, simple – and effective!
Becoming a member means you’re making a commitment to 100+ Women Who Care – Knox County to make an annual donation of $200 ($50 per quarter) to local 501(c) (3) charities serving Knox County and the communities of Waldoboro and Lincolnville. You can choose to be an individual member or pooled member. An individual member contributes $50 per meeting on her own and has one vote. A pooled member is two people collectively contributing $50 per meeting. The pair has one vote only.
Please understand that even if you did not vote for the selected charity, you still need to fulfill your donation commitment. If you’re not able to attend a meeting, you’ll either give your check to another member to deliver to the meeting on your behalf, or mail your check. Simply fill out the form below to become a member.
Second Tuesday of the Month (April 14, June 9, Sept 8, Dec 8)
** Due to the COVID-19 there will be no April meeting*** STAY SAFE
Location: First Congregational Church, 55 Elm St, Camden, ME 04843
Basic Meeting Agenda/Schedule:
*5:15-5:45 p.m. – Registration and networking (with appetizers and drinks)
*5:45-6:30 p.m. – Meeting: Welcome, Presentations, Voting and Charity Selection (while votes are being counted, the recipient charity from the previous meeting gives an update).
Click here for a pdf of the basic concept guidelines.
Please feel free to attend any meeting as a guest. If you’d like to donate to the selected charity while there, you’re welcome to do so. However, you must be a member to vote. Individuals must have a completed Membership and Commitment Form on file before nominating a charity.